Jeruslam to be divided!

Comments are now fixed! I had not realized that the comments link was broken. Those of you who wish to make a comment on anything written here can now do so. Please let me know if there are other broken links or if something does not work. My e-mail is at the bottom of the page. Thanks. Today's news from Benjamin Netanyahu is rocking the Christian world:

Netanyahu: The land of Israel will be divided September 16, 2009
“The Israel HaYom newspaper reveals a leftist turn for Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. Speaking in an interview to be published Thursday, the Prime Minister admitted he had come to terms with dividing the Land of Israel."

As lately as this May Netanyahu repeatedly said it would never be divided. Netanyahu's latest decision indicates a caving-in to world pressure, not the least of which is the United States and most certainly pressure from the UN, which opens for the 2009 General Assembly on Monday, Sept 21.

Why is this news rocking the prophetically-aware Christian world? Because first, it is a prophecy that Jerusalem will be divided.

Revelation 11:2 "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

It seems that the prophecy's fulfillment may be at the very doors.

And secondly because God has declared that He will judge that decision harshly.Joel 3:2 "I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning my inheritance, my people Israel, for they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land."

Zechariah 12:3 "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces."

O, Lord, come quickly!

Comments