It's getting harder and harder

I wanted to write about the article in today's news regarding the EU and the vote for the Lisbon Treaty meaning that they will soon need to appoint a President of Europe; and the fact that one of the leaders of the EU today said they needed to find a President who had a certain charisma and force of personality to maintain the delicate diplomatic work that will continue. "Future EU foreign policy dependent on personal chemistry." That headline just so clearly spoke to me of the Antichrist and his forceful personality and diplomatic skill that will delude so many straight to hell.

But I just stared dumbly at the screen, occasionally looking at a few photos, scanning my e-mail, reading some jokes. In other words, light stuff. I didn't have a particularly hard day, but I could not make myself research the article and the bible scriptures deeply enough to write it. Aggravated at my lack of productivity, I flipped on over to Curt's "70th Week Blog" and I saw this preamble to his latest (interesting!) entry:

Curt Here...
"Hello everyone, sorry for the time between now and my last blog entry. It is crazy, that even though almost daily, there are amazing and possibly prophetic events occurring in this confusing world I am finding it more and more difficult to articulate these events in such a manner that doesn't add to the confusion. I guess I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, as it is becoming more and more plain to me that our Savior is coming soon (Praise God). It is also very frustrating to me that many of our brothers and sisters in Christ are not seeing the signs of His soon return, and because of this they could be caught at some point unaware. Is anyone else experiencing this frustration or is it just me?"

Aha! That's IT! I answered him:

Hello Curt,

"I sympathize with your feelings. On the one hand things are so exciting because many events are unfolding at once and I get thrilled seeing the LORD'S hand at work. On the other, I mourn the loss of so many unsaved, and worry for the blind Christians who resist seeing the season and continue secular life apace like nothing's happening. These conflicting emotions are running rampant at this time, interfering with and making cohesive thought harder than ever for me."

"Also, attempting to articulate what are ever more clearly *supernatural* events is stretching my writing and thinking skills to my natural limit just internalizing them enough to re-articulate them for my blog readers and subscribers. It is so hard to comprehend the supernatural when you have a natural brain and only so many words to formulate the deep thoughts and awful import of what I am seeing! Describing it becomes nearly impossible. Some days I just stare at the computer (like today) knowing what I want to write but am totally unable to. Days like these I just pray. Sometimes I just groan."
"Keep at it though, the Christians who are clued in are SO hungry. I guess we all just do the best we can and when one falls back there are others to step in and spell them, and when we are rejuvenated by the Spirit, we step in again. You do great work, never think it is for naught. I love your take on things and the EU-Political niche you are taking on. No one else is writing about that as consistently as you are, and your contributions are so valuable."

"Peace to you brother!"

I might feel like that little girl in the photo above, so many stairs to climb until I rest, but the Lord I serve is the Lighthouse, his strength is infinite, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it! Occasionally it is good to hear honesty in my fellow soldier-writers, and know that I am not the only one sometimes quailing before the ever-increasing task. But when that happens to me, I remember I can do all things through Christ who strengetheneth me, and I cling to Him, the Lighthouse. He will not let the waves wash me away.

Comments

  1. Hey Elizabeth,

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today and posting your wonderful and encouraging words to me. It is nice to know I am not alone.

    You summed up exactly how I feel when you said, "I get thrilled seeing the LORD'S hand at work. On the other, I mourn the loss of so many unsaved, and worry for the blind Christians who resist seeing the season and continue secular life apace like nothing's happening."

    You picked me up today and because of you and a few others and by a work of the Holy Spirit I do feel rejuvenated. Thanks again.

    Peace to you sister.

    Curt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment