Biblical Math: God-style!

The bible is full of math. The four basic operations, add, subtract, multiply and divide are all there. Our God is a wonderful math teacher! See His lessons:

ADD/SUBTRACT

Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar. Proverbs 30:6 (NKJV)

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Rev 22:18-29)

I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him. Ecclesiastes 3:14  (NKJV)

“Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it. Deuteronomy 12:32 (NKJV)

DIVIDE

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV)

I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land. Joel 3:2 (NKJV)

MULTIPLY

"I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; Genesis 26:4 (NKJV)

"...saying, "I will surely bless you and multiply you." Hebrews 6:14

EQUAL

You turn things around! Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay, That what is made would say to its maker, "He did not make me"; Or what is formed say to him who formed it, "He has no understanding"? Isaiah 29:16 (NKJV)

For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:18 (NKJV)

Comments