I'm taking the day off

I'm working on a couple of blog entries, but I don't know if I will get them done today or not...I have prayer meeting with my partner and after that I might just want to start reading a new novel. Now there's something rare, recreation!!

I am also working on the next issue of my prophecy newsletter. It is in a digest-form sent by subscribers via e-mail. (No charge). I match the scriptures to the latest news in subject clusters such as "Israel", "Wars and Rumors of Wars", "Natural Disasters", "Days of Lot" etc. and I also offer explanations and encouragement. It's meant to be a quick read for people who like to browse. Let me know if you want to be included, email me at elizabethprata at gmail dot com

We are celebrating the Fourth of July here in the US, a holiday that means much to American patriots, especially since we have men and women actively serving in two wars at the moment. Freedom means liberty to pursue happiness among other things, but realize that our freedoms are slowly being strangled and the first one to go will be religious freedom. Even then, as Jack Kelley eloquently wrote, in his essay "Don't Pray for America":

"The Religious Right and other well intended American Christians frequently send out eMails urging everyone to pray for America. But where in the Bible did God to say to pray for any place on Earth other than Jerusalem? God’s will would be much better served if the Church would pray for itself, that it would finally adopt the Biblical world view it was intended to have, and become what it was intended to be, the body of Christ. It’s an indication of what a secular world view the American Church has when more of us are praying that God will restore the good old days in our country than are praying for the Lord’s speedy return to take us away from here. Prayers for America are fine as far as they go, but they’re motivated more by a love for what our country has been than by a desire to see God’s will done on Earth. And when you get right down to it, praying that God will restore America could be seen as an admission that we’re really not ready to see God’s will done on Earth yet."

Pray for the lost to hear the Gospel, pray for God's will to be done in hearts that have heard the Gospel, pray for His soon return. Pray to love your neighbors as yourselves on this patriotic holiday that comes at a time when divisions among Americans are their widest ever. I hope you have a wonderful day and remember that God is bigger than any problem, issue, or heartache we may have individually, and He is bigger than any Federal boondoggle or national downturn. And though He is so big, He holds you in the palm of His hand and He loves you.

Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth:

    Thank you for your post today. And I hope you have a wonderful time off of rest and relaxation and prayer as well. I want to comment on your post about America. I couldn't agree with you more. I just commented on another blog a few days ago regarding this issue and I stated that the thing we have to remember is that it is okay to pray for America but we must also remember that the enemy has been working behind the scenes to bring about his will using our manmade government to further his rotten end-time agenda. We must remember that all governments throughout history have been manmade and devil inspired to some degree and it will only be when the Lord returns to rule His earthly kingdom that there will be true peace. I also stated that I think that as Americans and Christian Americans at that, that we feel privileged and lean on our missionary activity and evangelism and our past support for Israel and our ability to manufacture so much wealth and power here and think that we are doing good as a nation, that we are rich and everything is good but Christ says at the end times there will be a laodecian church that will think they are rich and beautiful but they are poor and blind and I think that states us in a nutshell. America isn't the apple of God's eye...Israel is and the church is and our home is with Him in Glory and wherever He is...therefore our pride must be in Him, not our nation. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Great comments!! You summed it up well. I AGREE :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment