Happy Thanksgiving

About Thanksgiving. I'm reminded of the hymn, "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow." My thankfulness stems from the root of it all: my salvation. I'm thankful Jesus came, taught, died and rose again for pardon of my sins. I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit's ministry to guide me on all straight paths in His Light. I'm thankful for Father God Who made us in His image....and did not wipe us all out in the Flood. I'm thankful that He sends the angels to protect me. Am I thankful for friends? For turkey? For my job? Absolutely. But the gratitude for secular things pale in comparison to the center of the universe: GOD, and the fact that He resides in me through His grace and mercy. From that One Truth, all other blessings flow.

The most important question you can ask yourself at Thanksgiving, is "Am I thankful I'm saved?"

Comments

Post a Comment