Glory be!

Jesus came for God's glory. (Hebrews 1:3). Jesus said this over and over. He came for us, of course, to seek and save the lost, but Jesus came to increase God's glory. God is passionate about His glory, "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images." (Isaiah 42:8)

God's glory is increased when He redeems sinful man to Himself. It is the single greatest act of a Holy God. Redeeming. Sinful. Man. THAT is the expression of His highest glory in the most glorious act, and that His Son would incarnate (not just for 33 years, but forever) and live a human life and die a horrendous death, and in between would seek God's glory at every moment. This is something admirable to ponder.

Philippians 4:8 - "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Think on the admirable things.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." This verse is saying that even if we are not missionaries leading thousands to Christ, even if we are not fiery preachers speaking before thousands, even if we are not teachers publishing hundreds of books, we, the small and mundane, should do everything we do for the glory of God. The small tasks, the routine, the everyday, are glorious to Him if performed with Him in mind as the utmost audience. Do all with an awareness that you are doing it for God. And it will be a fragrant aroma unto Him.

"and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma." (Ephesians 5:2).
So think on the admirable things.

Comments

  1. The anointing of the holy spirit is just overflowing from you today!!! Thank you Lord for word!!!

    - Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It really is. I had an active and emotional prayer time and bible time too. I'm exhausted now. It really feels like "something" is coming. Whether it is the rapture, or additional prophetic chess movements, or just more pressure on the gestational tummy that is near to bursting in labor, I don't know. But I'm ready, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have an anointing today! Well... I think you have one in general for this work of being a watchwoman, but still. Today has been special.

    I am in agreement with you, like I mentioned earlier, that I feel this "something." Is it urgency? Anticipation? I can't quite tell. But it's definitely something. I feel.... charged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out this link: http://www.herbert-armstrong.org/JESUS.HTML Altho I won't recommend Armstrong to you because I don't know that much about him - I do know the cantata very well and the only place I've found it is on this page. 36 years ago, at Alaska Bible College, we sang it, traveling all over the interior of Alaska to different churches. Even now, all this time later, I often find myself singing these passages of scripture. The music is dated, but the words are forever fresh until our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ returns. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found the hymn you'd been looking for all that time!

    As for Herbert W. Armstrong, MacArthur says of him: he's "a danger throughout human history of anti-Semitism and it has found its way into the church, believe me it has. It is the underlying attitude that has spawned the British Israelite cult of which perhaps the leading proponent would be the World Wide Church of God with Herbert W. Armstrong, where they teach that the Anglo Saxon race are the lost ten tribes of Israel and all God's blessings are for us and the Jew is an outcast person...to be despised. They don't say that up front, that's underlying their theology."

    GotQuestions concurs:
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Worldwide-Church-God-Armstrongism.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea why this cantata is found under his address, on that web site. However, the writer, John W Peterson, wrote several well-known songs/hymns that we sing today (Some of his more popular song titles include "It Took a Miracle", "Over the Sunset Mountains", "Heaven Came Down", "So Send I You", "Springs of Living Water", "Jesus is Coming Again", "Surely Goodness and Mercy" and "This is the day that the Lord hath made". from wikipedia). The title of this cantata (I forgot to write it above) is Jesus Is Coming and has 14 songs, most of which are taken directly from scripture passages (somewhat like The Messiah was, only 'modern'). Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment