Vacation...

I've got two weeks left until I go back to work. The last week of July will be busy. So that essentially leaves a week. This weekend I'm going to a Beth Moore convention! Between now and then, I'd like to do a lot of reading. I've got stacked up on my table, John Piper's "Think", "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome", "The Centurion's Wife, and a book about Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror to the Arctic in 1845 - 1848, called "The Terror." That one is 700 pages.

I also want to revisit the BBC documentary "Atom," narrated by physicist Jim Al-Khalili. I just got done watching part one again, "Clash of the Titans" and I am loving quantum physics more and more as I learn it.

That's what I want to concentrate on. I won't be staying by the computer as much so maybe I will not be posting as much. I don't know, but I am going to attempt to kick back for a week and do some other things, including the ladies retreat at Beth Moore convention with some real people! That will be a change from my regular life here at The Hermitage.

Comments

  1. Well dear, you sure do deserve a good break. Sounds like some good reading going on...Asperger's, my sister has two children that possibly have this. A few weeks ago my daughter and I watched Temple Grandin,a really good movie if you are interested.

    Have a good rest and enjoy mingling with real people.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is an opportunity to tell you how much your posts mean to me . . . I should tell you more often. You touch people in more ways and in more times than you probably realize. Thank you for your dedication.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the spectrum. I learned recently. Also, I work with some children who are on the spectrum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment