Some thoughts about wolves and some thoughts about gratitude

From Chris Rosebrough's Twitter stream today, thought provoking enough for me to rip them off and present them to you here. Do you have wolf stories to share? Do you have some things you're grateful about? Please feel free to share! Here's Chris:

"If the tweet your pastor sent on Friday is longer than the Bible passage he preached about on Sunday...#HeMightBeAWolf."

"If your pastor is "allergic" to words such as sin, blood, redemption, penal substitution, wrath, hell &  propitiation .... #HeMightBeAWolf"

"If your pastor spends the summer preaching on the latest blockbuster movies rather than preaching God's Word.... #HeMightBeAWolf."

"If your pastor has ever presided over a round of "Holy Ghost Hokey Pokey". #HeISAWolf." (Brandon Elliott came up with that one on Chris's stream)

"Discernment Fact: Wolves travel in packs. When a pastor invites a heretic to "preach" to his flock, chances are the pastor is also a wolf."

"Lord I thank you for ordinary office workers who commute to work everyday & toil in the corporate world."

"Lord I thank you for ordinary moms & dads who are emptying themselves and raising the next generation."

"Lord I thank you for the humble men who work the trash trucks in my neighborhood and keep my city clean."

"LORD I thank you for the daily grind, for the mundane & the same old routine. You are glorified in the ordinary."

Back to me now. I am grateful for pastors who stand on the Word. I listen to John MacArthur and Steve Hadley, two excellent expository preachers. I listen to my own preacher every week and I'm grateful that there are still pastors in these dangerously apostate times who still preach by the Spirit like he does. Please take a moment to thank your pastor and your elders and deacons and ministry leaders and teachers for what they do.

Comments

  1. I think I might take a step away from discernment blogs because they just make me angry. The latest thing I saw was a band at Perry Noble's church singing AC/DC's highway to hell on Easter Sunday!!!! It's such an obvious move from the kingdom of evil and I was just blown away at how satan's tares have infiltrated the church...it's all getting too much.

    I think I know enough now to focus on praying for those that are deceiving and those that are getting deceived.

    I've also been studying bible prophecy and the headlines a wee too much for awhile now. It's all SO interesting but I sometimes do it instead of spending time with God. I hope that's ok to admit on here LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    I feel exactly the same way...lol. It's nearly impossible to keep up with all the apostate movements going on inside the church nowadays so I have stopped trying. It's wearisome to think of how far and how deep satan has grabbed the earth and its inhabitants. It gets depressing. I think about the Tribulation when things will be so much worse I can't even comprehend it.

    I hates to write about Beth Moore and I felt sick after.

    Sometimes I feel that it is even pointless to write on this blog because the news is SOOOO obvious that we are near the end that everyone should see it.

    I like the verse in Philippians 4:8 which I also have as a tagline on my email: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." So I do focus on Jesus and the bible sustains me as both a lamp unto my feet and good food to ingest.

    I persevere (within limits of sanity and emotional equilibrium) because I want to be light and salt to the world in a way that demonstrates both love and urgency. Everyone has their different point at which that level is reached, though. Sometimes enough is enough and a person stepping away makes the most sense in a crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, I wonder how it isn't more obvious to people that we are nearing the end. To me, it's more than apparent, the headlines confirm it... The movements within the church confirm it...

    I can't imagine how hard it must be to walk that line in a discernment ministry. Only God could hold you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Emily. You are a great encourager! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment