Back to basics

I've been mulling over some things about apostasy. This is because in the course of my online and real life discernment and apologetics ministry, I have lately been shown by the grace of the Holy Spirit that the essential doctrines of our faith not only are being eroded "out there", but also "in here", in places and in people close to me. I am horrified at the depth and breadth of the erosion of what I believed were the obvious givens. I am grieving over the adherence to some of the more destructive heresies uncovered of late.

In my mind, the "obvious givens" start with the the Gospel. That Sovereign Jesus lived as fully man on earth, was sinless, died on the cross, bore the wrath of God for payment of our sins,was buried and resurrected by the power of God on the third day. That's the Gospel. One must believe those essentials in order to be saved. But even this basic tenet, the one that distinguishes us from ALL other philosophies, doctrines, faiths and assertions, is being corrupted daily. I had known it was bad in our faith. I had believed the prophesies about how bad it would get. I hadn't realized how bad the foundations had been eroded, or how many people are affected.

I worry strongly for the mature in the faith who are being drawn away by doctrines of devils, seducing spirits,  empty philosophies that are said to come. (1 Titus 4:1, Colossians 2:8). Worse, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible." (Matthew 24:24). This means that if you can be deceived, you will be.

I'm worried for the new believers in our faith who watch the way mature believers act and listen to what the mature believers say as they get carried away with seducing spirits and the new ones are being carried away too. I want to protect the vulnerable.

I had been mulling about writing on the Ten Kings from Daniel and Revelation, about Ezekiel 38, about whether the US is in prophecy, what is Babylon and metaphorical Egypt and Sodom, and I'll likely get to those, but I'm shifting my focus at the prompting of the Spirit to explain simply what the basics are. There are people out there who believe we can be saved if we dream of Jesus in a jungle or that God is so big He could justly accept people into heaven who have not been born again by faith in ALL the Gospel... Our brethren are at risk!

So for a while I'm going to go back to the basics in apologetics (defending and explaining the faith) rather than continue in increasingly complex eschatology. Not that I will go away from eschatology. This whole week has been about the Spirit focusing me on end time prophesies of deception and false teaching, false doctrines, false prophets and false church culture. We have to look at these things through an end time lens, well, because we are in the end time. As a matter of fact, the end time deceptions are simply exploding right now, at a pace that faints my heart. I want to do this because when we're gone, and it seems that we will be soon, the people who are left behind and need to convert will need milk.

Jesus is tantamount. His Word has got to be adhered to strictly. Jesus finished His Sermon on the Mount, a lengthy discourse on how to live as a follower of Him. "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. “The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall." (Matthew 7:26-27).

The Word of God is our rock. It will never fall. Let's begin...

Comments

  1. Looks like it will be a great read. I love the Gospel and hearing about it again and again and again.

    Our youth and young adults need to be kept covered in prayer. They are so vulnerable to the teaching of the emerging church and such.

    Come Lord Jesus, come.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Child of God! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I so agree with you on false beliefs. I found your blog about a month ago and enjoy your writings. God bless you as a woman of God who is speaking the truth instead of tickling ears.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy,

    Welcome! I'll check out your blog, and sometime soon, it seems to me, we will be dining together at the Lord's table 'up there'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the Spirit works. I turned to John MacArthur's website to see what's new and there the latest article is "Back to the Blueprint" Back to basics!

    http://www.gty.org/Resources/Articles/A119

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Elizabeth! Looking forward to meeting you in person "at the table!"
    Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is quite interesting that I googled and came across your blog. I have been contemplating the Temple destruction. i am currently reading Nehemiah, probably spelled that wrong. I have been impressed in my spirit how bad things got prior to the destruction of the temple, the sin depravity and idolitry. I do see the parralels to the church today. Not only the church as a whole, but also the church as individuals. Its time to throw out the idols, cleanse the temple and restore sound thoughts deeds and doctrine based on the word of God. Thus my current quest. Completely commited and back to the fundamental teachings of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment