God has some competition: Osteen's new book declares it so

Joel Osteen, America's most famous false prophet, has a new book out. As most of his books do, it features a smiling Joel on the front.



The blurb reads, "Broken into thirty-one parts, this book will help readers reach the truth of God's word, and how speaking God's promises can bring about His blessings."

Joel says that "declaring it" will bring it.

Joel says he wrote the book because, "I think its principles that help you to have a good self-image and feel right about yourself,"

Joel writes that we should speak and declare these things because God has "explosive blessings coming your way. I will increase you beyond your salary." (pp3-4). That is a direct quote.

In Day Two's declaration there are 55 words. I, me, or my is referred to 9 times. God is referred to 5 times. Part of it states, "I will give birth to every promise God put in my heart and I will become everything God created me to be."

On another day's declaration, we read, "This is my time! This is my moment! I receive it today! This is my declaration."

Wow, that is some power. Kind of like another guy I know who declared stuff. That guy has some stiff competition now in Mr Osteen. That guy ought to watch out! The original declarer, you know, GOD, said,

"I have declared the former things from the beginning; They went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it. Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass." (Isaiah 48:3).

If we can declare all these things into being, what do we need God for? Oh, wait...

Comments

  1. Joel Osteen is a wolf. Behind that smile is something very sinister. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to use words to change your life! He is tickling people's ears. It's total new age stuff. Name it and claim it, visualization, affirmations. Doing it yourself. These Word Faith people are doing a number to keep people from trusting in Jesus. Joyce Meyer says Change your words, change your life. What about trust in Jesus Christ as your savior and change your life? They are teaching people self reliance, not reliance on Jesus Christ.

    When you accept Jesus as your savior and realize the power of the Holy Spirit is with you leading and guiding you, want to read the Bible, pray - you become a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17), the old is done away with. You think differently, you behave differently, speak differently - because you have the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). You have peace. Contentment.

    And that's how to become a better you with a healthy self-image - by being molded by the creator of heaven and earth. It's all there in the Bible - the instruction book God gave us. But no one seems to read it anymore!

    Also, the new age movement says that you are god. No need for the God of the Bible. That's what I see these Word Faith people saying.

    Word Faith, emergent, new age - they all seem basically the same.

    Romans 1:25 - Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment