"Now the Lord himself of peace give you peace always by all means"

The other evening I was standing at the edge of the hayfield, and the blue cornflowers gave a wonderful tinge that mirrored the sky, and the burnt sienna hay tips rustled in the breeze, showing where the wind had been. The birds swooped over the field looking for insects and I thought, how peaceful, how peaceful. This is my life, and it is wonderful.

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Sometimes that feeling of incredible peace comes over me, at odd times and apropos of nothing. Does that happen to you? I just want to sink to my knees into a caramel soft feeling of peace that flows through my body and mind and heart and outside around me too. That’s what happened as I stood there looking at the wind.

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8)

I saw the wind where it had been and I did not know where it was going. I do not know where I am going, nor you, and we don’t know what He has in store for us tomorrow, but it will be good.


Comments

  1. Precious beyond words. Thanks for sharing dear sister in Christ. Every once in awhile the Lord just gives us a glimpse of His peace that ALL is well with my soul..

    You are sucha gifted writer and I quickly get swept up and lost in your writings that are so full of beauty. You should write a book~

    May the Lord be your Strength and may His Peace from the Prince of Peace fill you with awe and wonder at the matchless beauty of our Lord Jesus Christ that even the worst of circumstances can NEVER take away but actually brings out the sweet smelling aroma of JESUS..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I too have had that "peace that surpasses understanding" most recently when surrounded by all my grand kids and thinking "Lord you are so good to me - a sinner" then His love comes - can't really put it in words - what comes to mind is,Rom 5:8
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
    We love on Him - He loves on us - just like the Trinity. Father loves the son who loves the Spirit who loves the father and on and on to goes in eternity. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment