Three articles showing the deep apostasy of our times

Here are some really, REALLY good articles for you.

The interesting thing to me about these end times is that many a ministry is that formerly solid people suddenly take a turn to the left and swerve away from their formerly solid position. Each of the three articles below demonstrates some sort of apostasy.

Source Wikimedia Commons
Paul tells Timothy that some "have swerved from the truth". (2 Timothy 2:18). In the Greek the word literally means to go astray, to miss the mark, have faulty aim.

In the game of darts, you notice the highest amount of points and the most sought after section of the board is the bull's eye. It is also the smallest part of the board. To make a bull's eye you have to aim carefully and pay attention. Jesus said the way is narrow and few find it, (Matthew 7:13-14). In darts, the bull's eye is small and few land there.

Many of us have had sad concerns about the direction Dr. Piper has been taking in his ministry and approach to the Gospel. This truthful but gentle write-up cogently explains why, and comes with links so you can check it out for yourself. Sunny Shell: "Why I no longer follow John Piper or "Desiring God" ministry". She says,

"I share all this to show you much Piper and his ministry "Desiring God" has, in some ways (not all), been led away from sola scriptura (Scripture alone), so that you might be more discerning about following their ministry (writings, sermons, etc.)."

The Sola Sisters are three sisters who formerly were New Age/Pagan. Their writings are about discussions regarding false teachings coming into today's Church. Today they wrote about Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and the book The Circle Maker.

Nancy Leigh DeMoss Endorsing Chalk Circles? Mercy.
"I have never bothered to address the problems with the bookThe Circle Maker, because the whole concept of "circle making" was simply so patently pagan and ridiculous on the face of it that I assumed it would be obvious to any Christian how unbiblical this book was. When Christian apologist Chris Rosebrough and Pastor Tim Challies both thoroughly exposed the theological issues with the book (links below), I continued to assume this was a "no-brainer" for most Christians. Sadly however, I am getting more and more emails from people saying that their church leaders are recommending The Circle Maker, doing a Bible study with it, passing it out, etc."

Erin Benziger is a Christian journalist writing about the topics of the day on her blog and at Christian Research Network. Just to show you how far the apostasy has gone, I offer this article to you in which it is reported that

Following Apology to Gay Community, Exodus International Announces It Will Close Its Doors
"Exodus International, "the oldest and largest Christian ministry dealing with faith and homosexuality," announced late Wednesday, 19 June, that it is closing its doors. The announcement came just hours after the group's president, Alan Chambers, issued a formal apology to members of the LGBTQ community who "have been hurt by Exodus International through an experience or by a message."

In other words, 'we were wrong, and being gay is OK.'

Always be girded with truth. Your aim will be true if you always keep your eye on Jesus. Stay in the word, that is how to stay aimed at the narrow road of truth we must walk until the day He calls us home. Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, "The first step astray is a want of adequate faith in the divine inspiration of the sacred Scriptures." More to the point, Spurgeon said, "He is not the God of apostates, for he hath said, “If any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” (Hebrews 10:38).

Our highest aim should be to please Him. Walk the narrow way solemnly and intentionally, staying focused on Him and His word. Pray ceaselessly to Him to keep you in His path, because we see above, straying can happen to anyone.

Comments

  1. Not much shocks me anymore but this did...when you have "Christians" closing their ministry down and apologizing to the very people they were trying to help, well I just shake my head in bewilderment. When I look up, am I going to see my redemption drawing nigh, or fire and brimstone raining down on our once great nation?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Brian, this was a bad one. The 'oops we were wrong' public attitude of a high-profile organization undercuts everything. It feels like we're standing in front of Hoover Dam and the crack that has been widening ever since Stonewall riots in 1960 has completely let go, and we're being inundated in this culture with a wall of water that is the gay agenda and it is sinking this nation. When this happens to a nation, it's not recoverable.

      (Romans 1:24-27)

      Delete
  2. Sadly like Brian, little surprises me much anymore, either.

    Regarding the apostasy within, God says:
    1 Peter 4:17
    For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

    And as we try to help those who are slipping, He counsels us:
    Galatians 6:1
    Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.

    Jude 1
    22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

    Titus 3:10
    10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning, 11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

    -carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, and He also counsels us:

    2 Timothy 2
    24 The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

    I love visiting sites of my faithful brothers and sisters! It's a nice dose of sweet fellowship.

    -carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! You've brightened my day with your verses :)

      Delete
    2. Christ brightened your day with His verses. He just put them in my mind, and encouraged me to post them here. :)

      Of course, I had to keyword search them in the online Bible. As another believer I know would say, I have a "ragu" memory for Scripture. As in "Ragu - it's in there" (from the pasta sauce commercial way back...).

      I may know the verse or an approximation thereof, but I'm sometimes not quite sure where they are, exact chapter and verse.

      -carolyn

      Delete
    3. Thanks Carolyn.

      I have the ragu problem too. When I'm speaking, I hate saying "It's in the bible" because that does not help a person listening to look it up themselves, something I always encourage. Wed night at Church I did somewhat better, I said "It's in Isaiah" but Isaiah has so many chapters that in the long run, that doesn't help either! And the kicker is I *knew* it was Isaiah 5:20 but I get so paralyzed with potentially making a mistake and citing the wrong address, I just fall back altogether. Ugh.

      Delete
  4. Well, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm "Way Past Ready"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vyDjzHA8I
    Come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ya'll, no worries. Most of the time I have to get my Bible and search for the Scripture I'm thinking of for 10 minutes before I can post a reply. One of the effects of the Fall, no doubt. Or all of that saturated fat. Just kidding! I'm sure, if you are like me, we hold the Word in such high esteem that we do not want to misquote or misplace or make any mistake when handling the Word of God.
    Maranatha!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment