Art

I express myself in words, the written word, not spoken so much.

Some talented Christians express themselves in art. Some honor God with their photography. Some, with their poetic imagery.

I go through bouts of wanting and needing to  make an image, an art piece, but I am not talented and usually fail. But I still try sometimes.

This one is called "Above and Below". The bottom half is a photograph of my apartment reversed into a negative.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12).

The lace in the middle represents the veil, through which Jesus has broken but as long as we are individually in fleshly bodies, we cannot go beyond until rapture or death (unless by prayer :).

"And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split." (Matthew 27:52)

The upper portion is the heavenly realm.

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows" (2 Corinthians 12:2)

Just a page out of my art journal. It was Barbara who inspired me to go back and take a look at my art journal. You should check out her art. It is very good.

Comments

  1. Bless you loads! I have seen a vision about the third heaven, and the picture you are posting here is so similar to what I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Because this is a an altered photograph of my apartment.

      Delete

Post a Comment