Why I get so upset at false teachers and false teaching, why I focus on the end time

Someone asked me this week why I focus on the end time. I answered that the end time is the time between Jesus' ascension and His return, the Age of Grace. I focus on encouragement, discernment and the end time. With Jesus's return as backdrop, I employ Spiritual gifts to exhort for a higher standard of witness and adherence to doctrine.

The point is, He could return at any time, and those left behind will face Tribulation such as no man has ever seen, no nor will ever again. (Matthew 24:21). This haunts me.

Alternately, lost people could die at any moment, their end time coming instantly and unexpectedly, and the spiritual things they put off will be forever sealed off to them. Their lost state will be the state they remain in for all eternity. This haunts me. Why wouldn't a person want to continually remind people that this Age will not last forever and the Day prophesied will arrive?

Worse, there are many people who believe they are Christians and are going to heaven. They professed Jesus. They worked in His name. They sang hymns and proclaimed Him and prophesied (preached) in His name. But they fooled themselves. They weren't saved.

"I Never Knew You: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Mathew 7:21-23)

This haunts me greatly.

The Lord sends His Spirit to deliver gifts to believers as He sees fit. (1 Corinthians 12:4). For me, he saw fit to give faith, prophecy, teaching and discernment. I'm extra-sensitive to false doctrines and teaching. I have a super-sensitivity to those who come under its sway. It is like I can see them falling off the cliff as they apostatize. I can see it. It is like this picture, which I haven't been able to get off my mind since I came across it.

Art by Borislav Sajtinac
I hate false doctrine. I hate with with a holy, righteous passion. False doctrine is from hell. It kills. It destroys. It is a blasphemy against the precious person of Jesus, Savior and King. I hate it every day. I hate it because it sends people to hell. I hate it worst of all when it is tolerated in a false church, making false converts who bring up second generation daughters of hell twice as worse as them. (Matthew 23:15,  Revelation 2:22-23).

When we are glorified and the time comes for Jesus to line up the goats, and the dramatic scene from Matthew plays out, I will hear so many cry out, "Lord, Lord..." Many people will be shocked that they are in the goats line and not the narrow road to heaven following the sheep to eternal glory and rest. They'll try to convince the Lord to let them in. But He will say "Depart from me, I never knew you...".

If the moment when Jesus cried out to the "Father, Father, why have You forsaken me?" is the loneliest moment in the universe for all time...then the moment when the Lord tells those who cry and plead, "Depart from Me, I never knew you" has to be the most devastating.

I will be grateful that by then I'll be glorified and completely in tune with the mind of Christ and understanding His holiness and justice, otherwise I would explode from grief. As it is at that moment I know I'll praise Him.

For now on earth in the flesh, I feel grief. Exploding with grief that false teachers entice false converts to believe false doctrines, and they are all on the broad road. I want to cry out, shake them, "No, NO! Come back!" I feel their apostasy acutely. I feel it and I see it. It's not just an intellectual exercise with me but a heart ministry.

Won't it be great to be able to discuss true doctrine in the age of eternity.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." (Matthew 24:35)

"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea." (Hab 2:14)

"They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:9)

For a prophetic-doctrine lady like me this will be heaven! And if anyone has any questions, they can walk up to Jesus and ask Him! Looking forward to being free from satan's lies is right up there in my list of 'things that will be great about heaven.'

"and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. " (Revelation 20:10)

Good. Torment the bugger.

Back here on earth in this time of grace mixed with apostasy, so many are going away from us. John told us that would happen.

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us." (1 John 2:19).

I praise the Lord for telling us ahead of time. It doesn't make it any easier when I spot one who is going, though. It's worse when they reject advances and sharing of truth. How devastating knowing that moment is fast approaching for millions who thought they were saved but were not, and will be rejected by Christ. They thought they had accepted Him but they had not! O, false doctrine, you deceiver! There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

"While the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)

"behold, my servants shall sing for gladness of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart and shall wail for breaking of spirit." (Isaiah 65:14)

I know that the ones who will be rejected by Christ are not victims. It was because they chose to follow their lusts that they fell into the snare. (2 Timothy 4:3). Still, I feel for them, now and in their moment of shocking eternal condemnation.

People, examine yourselves to make sure of your faith.

"Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!" (2 Corinthians 13:5)

Examine Yourselves Whether You Be in the Faith, Part 1
Examine Yourselves Whether You Be in the Faith, Part 2
Examine Yourself

 How do we examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith?

What Kind of a Christian Are You?

Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth. Another wise post, to which I share your view, and with the same grief.

    Speaking of false doctrines. I was wondering if you have heard of this. Apparently there is this belief that there are I don't know really how to classify it, but I will say "unrecognized" Jews? It's confusing. See, on one hand, there are those teaching that the people of nations, such as Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, and the U.S. (not sure if I'm leaving any out) are the descendants of the ten tribes of Judah, those we have Jewish roots, that we need to/should discover, and there are teachers with videos and books about it. Then, there are those who believe, after we *gentiles* accept Christ, we become Jews, because Jesus was Jewish, and through accepting Him, upon being grafted onto His tree of eternal life, we then become Jewish too. And so with this belief, comes the call for us to practice Jewish customs!

    I am quite bewildered by this and was wondering if perhaps you could share what you think about this?

    J.L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the bit that you shared, I could say potentially that these could be Christian Identity movement and/or the Hebrew Roots movement.

      Grossly simplifying the CI movement, a writer who wrote an article said

      "This has always been an issue of who gets the National Inheritance, from the Kingly and Priestly lineage of Shem. Both groups know that Shem is the ancestor of the 'White' European peoples. Japheth was the father of the 'Yellow' Asian peoples, and Ham the father of the 'Brown' and 'Black' African nations."

      What it is, is, a neo Nazi white movement, that is why the movement is in the 'white' English speaking nations you listed. They say Peter ended up in Britain etc...

      On the other hand it could be the British Israel movement
      "British Israelism (also called Anglo-Israelism) is a doctrine based on the hypothesis that people of Western European descent, particularly those in Great Britain, are the direct lineal descendants of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. The doctrine often includes the tenet that the British Royal Family is directly descended from the line of King David. more here
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

      Hebrew roots movement comes in part from Worldwide Church of God (WCG) and its founder, Herbert W Armstrong. It contains good ideas but false practices, to say the least. More on Hebrew Roots here

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots

      http://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrew-roots.html

      If you ever see a church with Temple in its name, Like "Calvary Temple" it will likely be Hebrew Roots

      There are lots of false movements out there, I urge you not to be confused but ignore them

      Delete
    2. Perhaps the articles which you referenced also have this information, but I would also encourage J.L. to read Galatians as Paul deals with this subject in that epistle. Paul sets it up by reminding us of his own background as a high level Jew, even persecuting the church. Then he discusses his interactions with Peter, who was the apostle to the Jews as much as Paul was to the Gentiles. (The same Peter that the RC church claims to be their first Pope. There's a whole discussion in itself.) So then, in Gal. 2:14 Paul says to Peter, "If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" Paul then goes on to explain why the practice of Judaism, which is to follow the law, is contrary to faith. He tells us that we become the children of Abraham in the sense that Abraham was the father of those who would live BY FAITH. It is then summed up at the end of chapter 3 in verses 28 & 29: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
      And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

      We can then see that the Church of born-again believers is no longer either Jewish or Gentile, but has it's own unique identity. Therefore, any attempt to somehow bring the church together with, or make it the 'successor' of Judaism is in error according to God's Word.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Elizabeth and Brian G.

      Just to clarify, the confusion I had concerning this, was where these people who believe in that Jewish Roots stuff, are getting it from. Like who started it, as I too believe it's false. Because I too know what the words says, and as far as what I know, nothing in the word back them up. In fact, the verse Brian G posted that there's neither Jew nor Greek, proves those who believe we are Jews, either through ancestry, or through salvation, are in error.

      It just astounds me the deception out there, and how easily believers fall for it, especially when if they read the bible their selves, they see nothing to confirm what they are believing. I always check the word to see if something lines up with it, and I pray for revelation in case I'm just not understanding. It grieves me that so many people are just going with something that they hear or read by some religious person who seems so wise, and they just accept it as truth, because it sounds good to them. I know that itself was prophesied, yet it still astounds me that people can be so foolish, and frankly, if I may be so bold, lazy, that they don't see God's word and know truth, to not be so quickly, so easily deceived!

      J.L.

      Delete
  2. Hey there.

    I like your blog and I am checking up on your posts every week.
    But unfortunately, you are scaring people "for no reason":

    Acts 2:21
    “And it shall be that
    everyone who calls on the name of THE LORD JEHOVAH
    shall receive life.“

    Yeshua means what he says and says what he means. And most certainly, he is keeping all of his promises. Please don't make people doubt the Gospel by scaring them, thank you.

    God bless you and take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DDT,

      If you are not in the faith, then you should be scared with very good reason. Faith and salvation is not a casual drive-by and punch a card as soon as one calls on the name of Jesus. Of course He says what He means. That is not the point.

      If you are in the faith, we should still take it seriously, our faith comes from a holy God whom we do fear. As 2 Corinthians 13:5 says

      "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!"

      Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it. Hebrews 2:1

      Rev 15:4, "Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”"

      Those in the faith don't doubt the Gospel. They should periodically test themselves, repent, examine themselves and pay attention to that Gospel. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it is so heartbreaking to think what people will have to suffer, eternally and here on Earth, due to their own choices to not follow Christ. I remain committed to praying for the lost, and plan to do so until my last breath on earth. Thanks for your work getting information to us. The end times are not a subject I hear anything on in church, which is a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DDT asked
    Hey Ms. Prata.

    Will you please answer my latest comment or are you chickening out because it violates your concept of an "eternal hell", which - of course - is false ?
    Take care & best wishes from Germany
    -------------------
    DDT: I am going to address your comment in which you assert a temporary hell (or no hell- I forget and it really doesn't matter), in a separate post soon, later today or tomorrow. It will be a post explaining that there is a real hell where non-believers go to experience God's wrath in conscious, eternal torment, and how and why a 'loving God' does this. The rest of your comments I am not answering. It is not profitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DDT, I see that since posting my comment earlier today, that Pastor Mike Abendroth of Bethlehem Bible Church has produced a half hour radio show on the doctrine of hell. It is at present part 1 of future installments. I refer you to him:

      http://www.nocompromiseradio.com/2013/07/12/hell/

      Mark 9:48 , hell is ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

      Delete
    2. DDT:

      Thank you for wanting to engage in a continued discussion on your belief in a non-eternal hell. I have received your additional six, long, long comments on the topic. I am not going to post them. If you are sure of your stance, then you are firm on your stance I am firm on mine, that hell is conscious eternal torment for human non-believers and no matter how many long comments you share it is not going to dissuade me and I am not going to dissuade you beyond what I've already shared.

      I will not post lengthy teachings from people that are really a series of blog posts itself on a topic, not when the bible clearly shows it's contrary to your stance.

      If you are not sure on the doctrine of hell, then I refer you back to the link above or the many other good teachings on it from a biblical point of view that you can find online. I am not going to post your comments, so please feel free to continue reading, or comment on another topic. Thanks

      Delete

Post a Comment