Banner change, Jesus is the Light of the world

I'm sorry I changed the banner too frequently. I kind of almost liked the "Jesus" picture with the reflection on the water but it was too pink for my taste. Nothing I did with photo manipulation could make it less pink. It also didn't fit the tone of the blog.

I gave it a try but never grew to like it so after a short while I switched to a favorite of mine, lighthouse.

One of the ways I 'see' Jesus, or relate to Him in my mind, is through the scriptural symbol ascribed to Him as the Light. This present world is called the darkness. The lake of fire is outer darkness. We are delivered by Christ from the world of darkness to the Light where there dwells the Father of Lights.

As for the lighthouse, they are some of the strongest buildings ever built. They're usually on rock. They withstand fierce storms, pounding waves, lightning, and darkness.

They are a lifesaver. I lived on a sailboat for a period of time, and I will never forget the desperate fear of sailing through the night storm and peering through the gloomy rain looking for that light. When it appears in the place it should be, it engenders sagging relief. It is an old friend, beloved and stalwart. Mariners love their lighthouses, and as we pass by each of them along the coast, fair weather or fowl, we're thankful for the light.

How apt it is that Jesus is the strong tower, the Light.

The banner is a crop of a photo I had taken some years ago of the Portland (Maine) Head light. I went to grayscale and got rid of the color. I added an overlay of the light beam and then the verse and a border.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

He is the ONLY Light of the world the only light the world needs. He guides the way. He sheds light on sin. We no longer have to stay in darkness. (John 12:46)

the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned(Matthew 4:16)

 Praise Jesus that He IS the Light.
 

Comments

  1. Elizabeth, I love your blog banner!
    7 years ago, when I was looking for a blog title , and a header, I prayed for something that would have to do with light and seeds, seeds of truth and since the Gospel of John is one of my favorite I sensed that the Lord would have me give it the title it has kept until now. If you notice most of my personal essays and reflection are about truth, light, seeds and discernment.

    I love organic gardening, farm life, animals, goat husbandry, shepherding. I get some of my best inspiration from the observation of nature on the farm and the comportment of the animals, plants and seasons.

    I never thought about it as I was looking for a header, but New Agers are also interested in light and seeds, are you surprised? They have all kinds of occult teachings and practices on the different rays and their healing power and of course Gaia their mother earth that gives them the seeds and everything that keeps them happy, healthy and holy contemplating their navel, the center of their universe. Sorry, no matter how I try, I can never seem to lose my French edge 

    I discovered later on that some New Age blogs and meditation centers advertised on the internet go by a similar name: Seeds of Light and some readers have found their way to my blog inadvertently googling light or seeds in search of some esoteric , mystical site.

    Everybody is welcome on my blog and I like to have New Agers. And if they are dissatisfied and tired of the enemies lies, then they get exposed and can find the true light and the good seed of the word that can save their lost souls.
    Talk about the church infiltrating the world of darkness.
    I never thought of it while I was praying, but that really was the Holy Spirit guidance.

    I don´t mind your changing banners, everyone has his or her style. I love the lighthouse as a symbol of the rescuing ministry of Jesus. I hope you get a lot of positive comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment