Movie Review: Angel in the House (AKA "Foster")

I watched a good movie, called Angel in the House, but also known as Foster. At Internet Movie Database you will find it under the name "Foster" which is a terrible name. I don't know why this film has two names, but the film I'm talking about titled Angel in the House 2011 is not to be confused with the short film Angel in the House 1978 or the 2005 short film Foster on which the longer 2011 I'm reviewing today film is based and in which the entire first ten minutes are the same. Got it?

The name is the only thing that is terrible about this movie, however. It is a sweet, cute, sentimental, charming fairy tale of a film. Easy on the eyes, melting of the heart, it's a light and airy meringue with great acting and a satisfying ending.





The plot as summarized at imdb.com,
Zooey and Alec Morrison are a married couple who are struggling to bridge the painful gap that is developing between them. Unable to conceive, the Morrisons await confirmation of a child to foster. One day, a seven years old boy who calls himself Eli appears on their doorstep quite mysteriously, explaining the foster agency has sent him. The boy is old beyond his years and it becomes apparent that he is the listening ear amongst the couple's marriage breakdown. Eli offers moral support and idealistic suggestions to his foster parents on how to repair and re-kindle their love for each other. The couple begin to rebuild their foundations at home, at work and emotionally until they find the love they once had for each other. But all may not be as it seems... is there an angel in the house? Or two or three?

There's really not much more to say. It's family friendly 100%. It is cute and worthwhile. On Hulu under the name Angel in the House.

Comments

  1. I only see one movie review here for "Angel in the House." Maybe you meant to post your other reviews?
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,

      I'm sorry for any confusion. There is only one movie review. It is for a movie that goes by two names. To add to it, one of the names the movie goes by is an exact name of a completely different movie. And the other name it goes by is from a short movie this one I'm talking about is expanded from, into a longer movie. The one and only movie review here is Angel in the House, the 2011 version, also known as "Foster."

      Delete
  2. Lol I think I read the paragraph three times and I finally get it. Now, if it's on netflix or amazon prime we'll be in business.
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you'll ever read this, but it's on Netflix.

      Delete
  3. I did put together all the Christian movie reviews I've written in one place, here, http://the-end-time.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-list-of-christianfamily-friendly.html

    It's more common that you think to have two movies with the same name. A movie I watched recently called On the Way To School about school kids in different countries walking like 10 miles to school and dodging elephants etc, has another movie of the same name about a Turkish teacher, but the latter movie of the same name had some bad stuff in it. So I didn't want anyone to go to the alternate universe "Angel in the House" and encounter anything bad especially after I reviewed it as perfectly safe for families. In another twist I just saw on Amazon Prime that they are marketing the movie under yet another name, "Christmas Angel in the House" but it is the exact movie. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS confusing! Well, I have bookmarked your list and I thank you. The "Angel in the House" one I just finished and it was a sweet little movie. I will certainly be checking out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I wish they made more movies like that.

      Delete
  5. I think you might mention that they do take the Lord's name in vain 3 or 4 times. There is also one expletive. Also a heads up for those who have lost a baby or child. The boy's explanation is that bad things happen for no reason (paraphrase). Small comfort and not true. Ironically, his appearance in the couple's life happened for a reason so it seems strange to say that other events especially something so devastating serves no purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment