I AM vs. I will

Jesus said I AM seven times. Satan said "I will" five times. There is a big difference between I AM and I will.

Jesus said,
  • “I am the bread of life. (John 6:35).
  • “I am the light of the world. (John 8:12).
  • “I am the door. (John 10:9).
  • “I am the good shepherd. (John 11:25).
  • “I am the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6).
  • “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1).
In Isaiah 14:14-15 it is said of satan,

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart,
  • I will ascend into heaven, 
  • I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: 
  • I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
  • I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; 
  • I will be like the most High.
Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. (Isaiah 14:14-15)

Jesus declared himself I AM out loud, before many, Satan wished, quietly in his heart. Jesus declares the reality, Satan declares his individual desire. Jesus is eternally I AM, satan was created and began to generate ambition later.

Jesus was, and is, and is to come (Revelation 1:8) and what He purposes will come to pass (Isaiah 46:10. Satan WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER HAVE ANY OF HIS WISHES, HOPES, AMBITIONS, GOALS, OR PURPOSES ULTIMATELY COME TO PASS. (Revelation 20:10).

Jesus did it all, He paid it all, it is finished.

Friends, remember, satan is a defeated foe. He is active, but moot. He is around, but vanquished. Those of us in Christ are victorious through Christ's eternal act of submission, crucifixion, and resurrection, His love, and His will.

Satan says he will, but GOD DID.




Comments

Post a Comment