Have you ever been snubbed?

a snub is defined as
an act of showing disdain or a lack of cordiality by rebuffing or ignoring someone or something.
Did you ever go into a store or pass someone walking or anywhere, and you know they saw you but they refuse to acknowledge you? That's a snub.

I'm on the spectrum and I accidentally snub people all the time. Sorry. I tend to focus more on inanimate objects than I do on people and I literally don't see you. Children are an exception. I always see them.

A hilarious quote I read from Kin Hubbard says that "some people are so sensitive they feel snubbed if an epidemic overlooks them."

Remember the angst in High School when we walked down the hall and saw the boy (or the girl) and desperately hoped for eye contact, acknowledgement, or best of all, personal affirmation. Would he stop, look, chat? Oh, no, he didn't look! She didn't see! They rejected me!

It felt horrible and as adults if we care to admit it, it still does. Snubbing and his big brother Rejection are wounds that hurt. We've been snubbed when a friend is angry with us, We've been rejected by a spouse through adultery. We have been passed over for promotion. We crave affirmation and recognition, but when we're being ignored through a snub or rejected through anger or hate, it hurts and the hurt takes a long time to heal.

Now bundle all the times you've been snubbed, overlooked, and rejected, and magnify that a billion times. Imagine how you might feel at the universe's worst snub, its highest rejection.

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:21-23)

Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven.(Matthew 10:32).

In the first case, the person being rejected thought he was a Christian. He labored, he preached, he rebuked demons. And he was rejected. In a stunning turn of events, the person will receive an eternal rejection to his face, and be banished from glory and the presence of Jesus forever.

In order to ensure that you, dear reader, are not one of those rejected and snubbed, having no place card at the Banquet, test yourself to see if you are in the faith. Is It Real: 11 Biblical Tests of Genuine Salvation can be read here.

In the second case, the person was an outright Christ rejecter. Whether they were a 'spiritual person' of another religion, or an atheist, agnostic, or other flavor of rejecter, in turn they will be rejected on the Day. Forever.

This is a hurt and a wound from which one does not ever recover. Make sure you are not rejected on the Day, and repent of your sins. Today is the day of your salvation. Don't wait, don't procrastinate. If you're feeling feel drawn, investigate and examine yourself to see if you pass the test.





Comments