Kay Cude poetry: What Manner of Man is This?

Kay Cude poetry. Used with permission. Click to enlarge.

Artist's statement:

After finishing this piece, the more I read and reread Mark 4:37-41 and Colossians 1:16-18, the more I was overcome with tears. The Holy Spirit is so faithful to teach, especially at times when I am too busy "doing things" for Christ (in my own effort). How many more readings of these verses will it take for me to attentively remember that Christ's continuing patience with me, my fears and my sometimes feeble faith is unbelievably profound and so very merciful? 
How many times has Scripture told me, told all believers, to pay attention to Christ and His Word, and to not allow the storms of battering and fearful trials or heartaches overwhelm us? That He is sufficient; that He will enable us to glorify Him in our lives; that He will supply us with the appropriate words needed at perilous times of persecution and impending death? Or to remember that all things are under His authority and that He is preeminent and sovereign and that he will supply us the wisdom and endurance to continue on? Or that His Holy Spirit sustains us! 
I am so thankful, so grateful, that He knows the hearts of His redeemed so intimately, and so very thankful that He rescued me!




Comments

  1. Wow!! Just wow! I so needed to hear this today, right now, thank you. There is such power in knowing we have a Savior. I love your blog each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly R,

      I agree,t here is so much power in resting in His saving grace and His mercies to us! Thanks for reading, I'm glad you find the writing worthwhile. I attribute all to Him.

      Delete

Post a Comment