The Bible is so amazing

In my Bible reading there are some verses that have 'jumped out' at me lately:

do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. (Romans 11:18).

He supports me. Isn't that a lovely thought? I do not want to be arrogant and take HIS glory away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. (1 Timothy 3:16).

As a writer, I admire the beauty among this economy of words. Only the Spirit could inspire such gorgeous writing that proclaims such truth!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the LORD is righteous; he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face. (Psalm 11:7).

To behold such glorious righteousness is a thought that both encourages me and makes me tremble. What a day that will be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. (Proverbs 11:4).

I praise the Lord I do not have a lust for riches. I know people who do (did). Some spend their entire life accumulating, lusting for expensive things, hoarding wealth. Unless there was a miraculous deathbed conversion, they are languishing in a place where their riches do not profit them. Thank You Lord for Your righteousness that is indeed riches beyond measure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:35).

How amazing that we will personally hear Him speak these words someday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Bible is so rich, so beautiful. The many verses and passages and stories convict, inspire, point to the glory of the Lord...it's staggering that this Book contains so much and is so everlasting.


Comments