Is Same Sex Attraction a Sin?

Reblogging this from Purely Presbyterian, with a foreword from my friend Pastor James Bell. Here's Pastor Bell-



IS SAME SEX ATTRACTION (SSA) a sin? What does God’s Word say!?


THIS IS A SPECIAL EDITION of the Grow in Grace Newsletter…

Sam Allberry, (a homosexual priest in the Anglican Church, and greatly sought after by some key Southern Baptist leaders), testifies:
“I am same-sex attracted and have been my entire life. By that I mean that I have sexual, romantic and deep emotional attractions to people of the same sex. I choose to describe myself this way because sexuality is not a matter of identity for me, and that has become good news.”
Allberry, a minister in the Anglican church, in conjunction with several other pastors, said: “We are committed to building a church that is genuinely welcoming to all people, irrespective of the pattern of sexual attraction which they experience. We would welcome initiatives to help local churches do so in a way that is affirming of and consistent with Scripture and would hope to support suggestions you might wish to bring to Synod to that effect.”


OF Sam Allberry, Russell Moore, the head of the Southern Baptist Ethics Commission, said: “Sam Allberry is a gift to the church. We need his voice!”


Therefore, we ask the following question… and sadly, after hours of searching online…. I found hundreds of articles by pastors and church leaders, supporting homosexuality… and Same Sex Attraction…. Thankfully, below is a solid, Bible saturated article:

https://purelypresbyterian.com/2017/07/10/is-same-sex-attraction-sinful/

Comments

  1. Allberry is an editor at The Gospel Coalition, and is also widely sought after by the Reformed community.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment