Encouragement

By Elizabeth Prata

Have you had a good week in Jesus? I have. I wrote a praise poem recently, thanking Him for His manifestation in my life of His patience, (through loving kindness from fellow church members), His sovereignty as Creator (the full moon so beautiful over the silvery lit pastures), and His providential care (even the smallest needs do not escape His notice.) His involvement in our lives is thorough and constant. The more I walk with Him the more I see this, and I praise Him. But the more I praise Him the more I see His faithfulness and His constancy. It is a glorious circle, one that will never be broken.

It is good to begin with praises, because, as we know, the news in the world is not so good, but we are not of the world. If you walk closely with Jesus the news of the world will affect you only in that it helps you see and understand God is sovereign and everything He does is good. Actually, it is awe-inspiring because the closer I walk with Him and the more news I read that lines up with what He said would happen, it makes me feel more humble and grateful that a God such as He wants to interact on a personal basis with His people.

No matter how serious the news is, His constancy, His sovereignty, His plan, and His ways are Good. Even if you feel you do not have much to praise Him for, you DO! Seek ways to thank Him. He is active in our lives to the n-th degree. Nothing escapes His hand, from the most high work of salvation of souls, to the smallest sparrow's needs. How much more, then, are YOU valuable to Him? (Matthew 6:25-26).

I will bless the Lord at all times;
    his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
    let the humble hear and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
    and let us exalt his name together!
Psalm 34:1-3


Comments