Saturday encouragement

By Elizabeth Prata


This was a good week, full of sun and laughter and good work and good food and healthy sleep and friends. My week was also full of back pain and financial pinch and car worries and personal irritation and professional busyness and spiritual ups and downs. But I don't talk about those. I don't mention them. I don't write about them. I don't think about them. I don't choose to focus on the latter. I choose to focus on the former!

Choose joy. Choose to take thoughts captive. Choose to focus on Him and His promises. Remind yourself that whatever you're going through is only temporary. Put in your mind the glories of what He is preparing for us in heaven and look around here on earth at the beauty, children laughing, trees, sunsets, salvation in the world, a healthy global church, missionaries, regeneration of your loved ones, God's provision to you.

If you are a solid Christian, please stay that way. Pray for each other. We are becoming rare as carrier pigeons and the dodo bird. But our flight will be UP, to heaven and to Our Savior who loves us and will soon gather His chicks to His breast. (Luke 13:34). Are you one of His chicks?

Let's pray this for each other:

But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. (Psalm 5:11). Rejoice, I say, rejoice!




Comments

Post a Comment