Thanks for celebrating 10 million views with me. Here are some of my faves over the years

By Elizabeth Prata

In blogging for ten years and in seeing some of the essays that have received the most views, I'm excited to see what the Lord is doing through my small ministry. But I also see some of my favorite essays receiving a more disappointing number of views. That's the way it goes. I'm always surprised by what catches readers' fancy.

In the ten million views since this blog was founded, discernment essays comprise most of the top-viewed essays. There are also cultural apocalypses that garner a lot of attention, and when I write to debunk those, those essays get a lot of attention, too. I hope people aren't too disappointed when they click in to The End Time hoping to see something positive about, say, Comet Elenin's alleged imminent smashing into earth, or the Hopi 2012 apocalypse, only to find a debunking, lol.

The theological essays don't receive as much attention, and that's OK I suppose. I'm hoping that's because the readers receive plenty of teaching at their own churches or from bigger online ministries like gty.org or ligonier.org.

But here are my favorites. I write often about the pre-tribulation rapture. In these days, people have begun to heartily destroy the blessed hope of His coming to snatch away His church. Some say the event won't happen at all, or others say it will happen at the end of the Tribulation, meaning the church will go through the wrath/judgment that the book of Revelation predicts. No.

It is also prophesied that people will mock and scoff at notions such as the prophecies of future wrath and even prophecies such as the Rapture. (2 Peter 3:3, 1 Timothy 4:1). But is IS a predicted event, as seen in John 14, 1 Thessalonians 4, 1 Corinthians 15. So since it IS an event, the only question is when will this event occur. Understanding the wide scope and sweep of prophecy scattered throughout the Old Testament and the New will hopefully show to the earnest seeker the timing to be the removal of the church prior to the judgment. The church will not go through the judgment. I am personally, biblically, convinced of this.

But it seems to me that we need now more than ever to defend the fact of the event of the rapture and the fact of the rapture occurring prior to the Tribulation. Hence some of my favorite articles:


Why pre-tribulation rapture is doctrinally correct

Some more Pre-trib Comfort

More on rapture being pre-tribulation


10-min excerpt: from full sermon titled The Final Generation of the Future Judgment, that's linked below



Full sermon:
The Final Generation of the Future Judgment


I also enjoyed researching and writing the "Day in the Life of: Series"

Day in the Life of a: Seller of Purple

Fisherman

Tanner

Shepherd

Potter

Scribe


Roll call in Heaven was encouraging to me, I hope it is for you too. From 2011.

Hagar in the desert drinking from the well of life, is another fave of mine. From 2013.

I think about the New Earth a lot. How beautiful it will be!

Thanks for celebrating 10 Million views with me this week. Starting Monday I'll be back to regular blogging I have some queries, some suggestions, some requests for blogs, which I'll write; plus some drafts already in the pipeline Thanks again and all for the Glory of God.


Comments