Now tell me this isn't hearbreaking...

“(NY Times) There are families not eating at the end of the month,” said Stephen Quinn, executive vice president and chief marketing officer at Wal-Mart Stores, and “literally lining up at midnight” at Wal-Mart stores waiting to buy food when paychecks or government checks land in their accounts.” The fact that you have people lining up at midnight just waiting to have their paychecks or government checks clear for food is probably something you are not going to see on CNBC but it is happening."

Brothers and sisters, please pray for each other and pray for the lost, the hurting, the spiritually impoverished, the fiscally poor.

In a town where there is 46% unemployment, there is another problem besides empty pantries-

"At Pembroke's Church of the Cross, the pastor says the economic slowdown is causing a different kind of crisis. "From a spiritual aspect, you're looking at a person who's praying and praying and praying, but yet it doesn't look like their prayers are being answered," said Rev. Jon Dyson."

Hunger, fear, and wavering hope - all enemies of strong faith. "Where is His supply?" the faithful ask. Wavering, prayers seemingly unanswered, they are at risk of turning inward instead of upward, they focus on their problems instead of God's mercies. They become consumed by wants and lack. It is easy to do, no condemnation- just empathy.

Lining up at midnight to buy food for your family ... feeling as if God has abandoned you and prayers go unanswered. Both problems break my heart. Jesus said there would be birth pangs, birth pains, and these end times are painful. Pray for each other, with gentleness. We will feel earthly pain as the LORD our God prepares His judgments, but let's skip to the end. See what is ahead. This privation and struggle will only be for a little while.
The Great Homecoming Celebration

The greatest picture of a star-studded celebration ever recorded is in the fourth and fifth chapters of Revelation. Nothing in the Holy Scripture or secular history can even claim second place. The entire host of Heaven that the Psalmist David described on the Northern Scopes of the eternal land will be the welcoming company. The saints from all past human history will be the honored guests. The location is so grand that only one apostle’s eyes have seen its indescribable beauty. This is the Homecoming celebration of God’s human family. Sin thrust the prodigal clan out of God’s immediate presence long ago, but it’s time to go home.
Read much more of this joy at the link! Here and now, today, "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." Tomorrow there may be enough food in the larder, or there may be another trip to Wal-Mart at midnight. Either way, The Lord is in control and He knows you and loves you.

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory," (2 Corinthians 4:17). It is but a moment, dear one! Hang on! Jesus is coming, and everything will be all right. If you are not saved by grace of Jesus, go here to learn more, and then you will partake of the peace and joy that passes all understanding, even if you are in a midnight line at Wal-Mart.

Comments

  1. Hallelujah!! This is just what I was telling a friend yesterday. She was saying how doom and gloom everything seems for the future and I reminded her that we need to look just beyond this point as on the other side there is Glory unspeakable, amen? AMEN!! And I am in one of the most horrific situations I could possibly be in. I have been in a relationship that is not emotionally, spiritually, or even physically healthy and coming to a head all due to my disobedience for getting in this relationship from the start. It was not God's will but I did it anyway and now I suffer those consequences, and even so, God is still merciful to me. I now have a small toddler to care for and I am not a young lady, I am an older woman, who knew the Lord but made a bad, bad choice and now the consequences are upon me. Even my older daughter who knows the Lord and I are at odds. There is less than $400 income coming into this household due to lay-offs, little job prospects, etc. and no help from social services...therefore, things are really horrible from an earthly standpoint. However, I have cried to the Lord in repentance for several years over this situation I have put myself in and even though material things are going bad, I do see His hand helping me out of this and I believe I will be able to get out on my own, get back to serving the Lord in real obedience and finally have peace in my life and heart again. I also believe me and my older daughter will find reconciliation in the blood of Christ and I pray for my finacee as we go our separate ways that He will find Christ as time is so short. I mentioned all these details just to say this, even in the midst of horrible troubles, whether brought on by yourself with dumb choices or whether through just the signs of the times, we need to constantly look to the other side and remember that Glory is on that other side. We are not here for long. We will finally see Him face to face and all our real longings will be fulfilled in Him. Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    You have truly blessed me with your strong testimony! He is wonder and glory to behold, and it will be our unspeakable privilege to behold Him soon. Meanwhile, let's pray for each other in His everlasting name, another unspeakable privilege! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment