Being in the family of Christ

So many people have family members who are not saved, and mourn over that fact. But Jesus prophesied this.

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household." (Matthew 10:34)

"For son dishonors father, Daughter rises against her mother, Daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; A man’s enemies are the men of his own household." (Micah 7:6)

Jesus is that sword. His name holds power. His Word holds power. Expressing His truth will divide the writhing unsaved and the convicted saved. It will divide those who accept that they personally sin, and those who are deluded into thinking they are good people. "Why do you call me good? No one is good except one, that is God." (Luke 18:19)

Jesus makes promises that He will keep. Many of you have lived a life where your faith divided you from your family. Many of you are beginning to experience that now. The end of the end time, which is now, is when the rubber meets the road. The gap between believer and non-believer is widening and soon there will be no fence straddlers. After the rapture, the antichrist will force all to receive a mark of worship. People will have to choose; worship the antichrist, or worship Jesus. There will be no other option. Now, since we are so close to the rapture and then the Tribulation, you can see that widening happening.

It's heartbreaking to have family members who won't believe. Even if you became a believer and your life and your attitude are demonstrably changed, and they see all that but they still won't believe, it is very hard. But Jesus made a promise to us,

"Then Peter began to say to Him, "See, we have left all and followed You." So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” (Mark 10:28-31)

Even though we may lose family members to satan, Jesus promises recompense. Jesus is not promising here that we will receive a hundred houses, but only using the number to show proportion. Once we abandon carnality and all its bonds, for the sake of His name, we enter the body of Christ, which is a family. He rewards us richly! Just being named as one of the LORD'S family members is riches beyond compare! But knowing that we will be united with men and women who also love Jesus in perfect form is also riches. I will be grateful to call the woman next to me at the wedding supper of the Lamb my sister. I will be honored to call the man across from me at His table my brother. Joy will abound.


Knowing this relieves a micro-bit the mourning I feel for the loss of the souls of my family. But in another one of His promises and in His grace, He affords us prayer, a wonderful blessing. He said that anything that is asked in His name shall be granted. (John 14:14). Pray for your family, brethren! And prepare for your extended family soon to be enlarged. A lot!

Comments

  1. Tough, to not have our dearly loved family members believers. I pray for my non believing family and claim them for Christ resting on His promises that He wants them with Him too!

    Praying for your blood family too sister!!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to have unbelieving family. :( But I look forward to seeing you at the marriage supper, sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have unsaved family members and I pray for them daily and share the gospel whenever I have the opportunity. It is sad they continue to reject Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that most of my family thinks I take this "religion stuff" too far. It IS heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment