Blogger is back!

Blogger was down all day yesterday. The blogging platform was in read-only mode so no one was able to post anything. I was sad to see so many people exhibiting such disloyalty and rude comments about blogger. A lot of people exported their blogs to Wordpress. I was sad to see that because Blogger has been a steady and reliable platform for 11 years. And it is free! Oy. Give these guys a break.

It appears that all the comments made in recent time were removed but blogger promised to be putting those back. That is why they are not appearing...hope they do get them back. I like the comments.

I remember pre-blog days. Actually, I remember pre-internet days. Pre-cell phones. Pre texting, pre CD & DVD... and I am only 50 years old. Having a platform to publish your own content to your heart's content, as much and as often as you want, is amazing. That you can put it out there and get it read by anyone is really amazing. In the bad old days, publishing was tightly held by a few publishing houses and you had to have an agent and be one of a very small minority to catch a lucky break. Or spend a lot of money to self-publish.

Nowadays, you don't even need an internet connection or a computer and you can publish what material you want and have it read by anyone who comes to your blog. You can just go to the library, use a publicly available internet computer, and go. And it is all for free.

Sheesh! Get a grip, blogger was down for 20 hours and so many people thought the world was ending. LOL. Maybe some people heard the sound of crickets for the first time. Anyway, that is why there was no blog entry yesterday. I am working on one now for tonight. But first, I am going to take a nap! Happy blogging, folks.

Comments

  1. Glad everyone is back...;)

    Maybe a break was good for us. And I agree with you on this amazing platform we have. It really is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the worst part is that comments and posts are missing, it is a bit unusual and people do rely on blogger heavily...80% of my favorite blogs which are also very popular are on blogger (I actually did not know until they were done yesterday LOL)...so I do understand the initial frustration but everyone will get over it. It's just not that serious. Those that ran to wordpress will probably come back by the end of this weekend ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn that technology! Dagnabbit, how dare it leave us alone with our thoughts?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily's comment is so funny!
    We do act like it's the end of the world (how funny that I said that on this blog!) if we get inconvenienced in any way!
    [palm to head swoon]whatever will we do??

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)

    Also, I'd like to add that I, too, at age 27 remember life prior to all the fun stuff you mentioned we utitlize for communication and entertainment. Though, obviously, some of it was around in my childhood, it was still out of the average-joe's price range or uncommon to have. It blows my mind to see little kids with cell phones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment