Genesis IS the beginning: either you believe it or you don't

In a recent John MacArthur sermon, he said, "A well-known scientist named Herbert Spencer died in 1903. He discovered that all reality, all reality, all that exists in the universe can be contained in five categories...time, force, action, space and matter. Herbert Spencer said everything that exists, exists in one of those categories...time, force, action, space and matter.

Now think about that. Time, force, action, space and matter. That is a logical sequence. And then with that in your mind, listen to Genesis 1:1. "In the beginning," that's time..."God," that's force, "created," that's action, "the heavens," that's space, "and the earth," that's matter. Everything that could be said about everything that exists is said in that first verse."

Yes, indeed. The Bible is amazing isn't it? And I share with some glee that the scientist who believes all reality can be found in those five categories was an evolutionist who actually coined the term 'survival of the fittest' which Darwin subsequently used. But re-read Genesis 1:1, and you find truth in the five category theory. The Bible is a wonderful book of science.

I am not ashamed of the Bible. I am not ashamed of the Gospel. It is all I need to live on, for it is my bread of life and the fountain of water is rich to slake my thirst. I believe Jesus is God incarnate, lived on earth as a man, died as the only spotless sacrifice there is, was, or will be to pay the penalty God requires for sin. I believe He died and rose again on the third day. I believe He intercedes for us at the right hand of the Father, and will return to judge the earth. I believe He is preparing a place for us called New Jerusalem which is glorious and will be our home forever when He calls us to Him. I believe I am a sinner, not arrogantly believing I am good, or that I merit entry to heaven on my own, or that I never have done, said, or thought a wrong thing, but instead I am sinful to the core. I asked Him to forgive my sins, and He did. I believe Jesus did forgive my sins and I will rule and reign with Him after He calls us to Him. I believe the church age is winding down and I thank Jesus every day for my salvation that I am cleaned from unrighteousness and will be able to dwell with Him in blissful eternity- thanks to His work on the cross. I believe the time is short. I am ready.

ARE YOU?

Comments

  1. Me too! Amen to your post! I thank God For GOD! Jesus is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I notice that this is my 1000th post! Thank you Holy Spirit for 1000 great inspirations. Please keep them coming. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He surely has blessed you, Elizabeth! And He is using you to speak out in these last days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment