Are there more earthquakes? YES

How to find earthquake data. I go to the United States Geological Survey and I click on Global Earthquake Search. I enter the parameters for the date, which is always 1-1- YYYY to 12-31-YYYY. I plug in the magnitude, which is 5.0 to 5.9 or 6.0 to 6.9 etc. Here is a screen shot:

Then the search presents me with data in sum. 
I compare the search results with USGS annual averages, here.


I make a chart in Word by using "table" and plugging in the data I get from USGS search. When I'm done I paste the Word chart into Photoshop. I do it in Word (or Excel) so I can update it more easily. Today I updated the chart I'd last published as of Nov 2011. Click on it to make it bigger.

The number of earthquakes per year is increasing.

Comments

  1. Elizabeth what I see with your table is a pattern in 2004-2007 of a crescendo that dropped back in 2008 to then build again to the point that we are at now.(Hmmmm I wonder what important event happened in 2008). If the pattern repeats in the Mag. 8-9 range holds true, then 2012 and 2013 will not be good.
    If it were on a graph,It would look a lot like the monitor that measures contractions when a woman is in labor ready to give birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would like to point out while on the subject of geological changes that El Hierro and LaPalma in the Canary Islands has the potential to impact North and South America.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jlaiJRwU6Q&feature=player_embedded#!
    These changes occurred in 1949 it is interesting to me that on May 11 1949, Israel joined the United Nations
    In 1971 there was another Seismic event, that was the same year that the US left the Gold Standard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video link Jeff. I'll watch it after church.

    Jesus mentioned earthquakes in diverse places as a sign. That is why I track them. I don't know how anyone can look at the data and see that quakes are not going up. Though USGS insists they are not.

    In Zechariah, Joel, and Revelation among other books, great quakes will happen during the Tribulation. Those, I believe, are part of His plan to un-create the world, in preparation for it reverting back to how it looked in its Edenic state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cwWn_W6ZbT4#!
    Visual of all the earthquakes last year. Be sure to turn up your sound, and watch to the very end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment