You are not alone- Jesus sees you

We have a God who sees! You do not have to feel alone. You do not have to feel like He is distant from you. You do not have to feel like an insignificant speck, alone in your troubles.

We have a God who sees. Read Genesis 16:1-13:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. She had a female Egyptian servant whose name was Hagar. And Sarai said to Abram, “Behold now, the Lord has prevented me from bearing children. Go in to my servant; it may be that I shall obtain children by her.” And Abram listened to the voice of Sarai. So, after Abram had lived ten years in the land of Canaan, Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar the Egyptian, her servant, and gave her to Abram her husband as a wife. And he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, she looked with contempt on her mistress. And Sarai said to Abram, “May the wrong done to me be on you! I gave my servant to your embrace, and when she saw that she had conceived, she looked on me with contempt. May the Lord judge between you and me!” But Abram said to Sarai, “Behold, your servant is in your power; do to her as you please.” Then Sarai dealt harshly with her, and she fled from her.

The angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, the spring on the way to Shur. And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress and submit to her.” The angel of the Lord also said to her, “I will surely multiply your offspring so that they cannot be numbered for multitude.” And the angel of the Lord said to her,

“Behold, you are pregnant and shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, because the Lord has  listened to your affliction. He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”

"So she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, “You are a God who sees," for she said, “Truly here I have seen him who looks after me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He found her alone in the desert by a spring of water. Note how many times Jesus comes to those who are troubled when they are by a well, fountain, or water. He IS the fountain of life. Zechariah records this wonderful fact,

"On that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and uncleanness." (Zechariah 13:1)

Ezekiel records this fact:

"Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar. Then he brought me out by way of the north gate and led me around on the outside to the outer gate that faces toward the east; and behold, the water was trickling out on the south side." (Ezekiel 47:1-2)

Joel records this fact:

“And in that day the mountains shall drip sweet wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the streambeds of Judah shall flow with water; and a fountain shall come forth from the house of the Lord and water the Valley of Shittim." (Joel 3:18)

The LORD sees your affliction, and He cares. Let His refreshing river of love and grace flow over you, cleansing you of all worry and fear. He sees.

As a kid, I enjoyed the long-running 1960s children's television program, Romper Room. It ran for 40 years, you know! I loved the end when the 'teacher' in the room put up a magic mirror and could 'see' all of us in our living rooms. She would say goodbye one by one to a few children she said she saw through the mirror. I'd tune in day after day, waiting for the day when she said she could "see" me and said "Goodbye, Beth!" One day, she did.
Today in the kindergarten class in which I work, if I need to quiet the children for a moment before the teacher comes in, all I have to do is go in front of the room, look at the children, and say "Let me see you." Immediately they all turn to me, and sit quietly, waiting for me to look at them and say their name and something about them. They will sit for quite a while waiting for their turn. All a child wants is to be seen.

That does not change when we grow up. We hide the desire, but we still want to be seen. Just knowing someone 'sees' us seems to speak to our spirit and settles us down.

Imagine Hagar sitting there in the middle of the desert, alone.
Yet though she felt like an insignificant speck, unwanted and alone, God saw her. More than that, He cared for her, personally! God does not change so He still cares for each of us, personally. He sends provision. He sends a ministering angel. He sent His Son. He sent the Word. He sends a solution to a problem. He responds to prayers.

If you turn to the Word, you will see Him. If you pray you will see Him. We are not all as fortunate as Hagar to have a heavenly visitation, but through His word and prayer, you can be with Him as He has revealed Himself, and claim the promises He has made there. He sees.

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him." (2 Chronicles 16:9a)

Comments

  1. Elizabeth, this was so incredibly timing for me. I had something happen today that has caused me to be weary and sad. Right before I came to your site, I was sitting here talking to God in my head saying "God I need you". I clicked on your site and this is the first thing I see; wow! God is beyond good. I know that He used you to remind me that I am not alone and He knows I am hurting now; He does see me. Thank you Elizabeth. I know that God is always there but this was a very helpful reminder.

    God Bless,
    Marrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marrell, how wonderful! Jesus is so caring!

      Delete
    2. Yes, that He is. I love when those little things happen like that to remind me that He is always there.

      Delete

Post a Comment