I don't make resolutions

But I do resolve to push ever forward to the goal: I want 2013 to be a year in which I aim my life even more to live for the glory of God.

I cringe that some days I forget that. Sometimes I hate that I live for myself. In quiet times, I think back in reflection and I know that things I say or do besmirch His glory, and I mourn. The only reason I am on earth is to bring glory to Him, who loved me first. I love Him deeply, and the only thing that matters in life is His glory. I want to grow this year so that even more weeks, days, minutes, seconds are lived for Him in His Christ-likeness, than the weeks, days, minutes, seconds before. Lord, sanctify me in growth toward the goal.
"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 13b-14)
For more information on this goal, listen to John MacArthur's From glory to glory.

Meanwhile, I am resolved.

Comments