The angel of the Lord encamps around you

Boy, the headlines are getting hard to read, aren't they? Not the articles, no, I dispensed with them long ago. But just headlines alone, are enough to make me shudder while my heart is breaking. So I quit that too.

Many people say to me they are ready to go. Even more say "not yet." But those who aren't ready to see Jesus aren't saying so because they want to witness to one more person...see their family saved...finish a mission. It's because they are attached to the world.

Don't be.

Look what the Lord our Holy God promises to us:

I sought the Lord, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him
and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps
around those who fear him, and delivers them.
(Psalm 34:4-7)

Have you sought the Lord? The more you seek Him, the more you want Him. If you're feeling unsteady on your feet, or attached to the world, it may be because you have not sought the Lord.

And look what you get if you seek Him! He listens to you, answers, and delivers you from all your fears! Pretty good deal.

Looking to Him will make us radiant because He is the Light. Looking to the world will make your face dark. Your countenance will fall. (Genesis 4:5). But looking to the Light will make your face radiant, not the least reason is because you will have been delivered from all your fears. Sweet deal again.

The angel of the Lord is Jesus, most interpreters interpret. They say so because "The angel of the Lord speaks as God, identifies Himself with God, and exercises the responsibilities of God (Genesis 16:7-12; 21:17-18; 22:11-18; Exodus 3:2; Judges 2:1-4; 5:23; 6:11-24; 13:3-22; 2 Samuel 24:16; Zechariah 1:12; 3:1; 12:8). In several of these appearances, those who saw the angel of the Lord feared for their lives because they had “seen the Lord.” Therefore, it is clear that in at least some instances, the angel of the Lord is a theophany, an appearance of God in physical form."

What could be better than that? O, to be encircled by the protection and love of Jesus! Brother and sister, we have it. Look to Him and He will encamp around you.

Looking to the Lord and seeking Him means praying, reading the bible, attending worship, thinking about Him, singing praises to Him, following Him, and obeying Him, among other ways. Look to Him, He is your all in all.

Headlines are nothing. Jesus is everything.

Comments

  1. He indeed is my all in all - nothing more I need. When He is ready to take me, I am ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in light of His glory and grace!
    Amen?

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth I am the same way, stopped reading the stories a couple of months back, headlines say enough. I am so ready to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Elizabeth. I read stickers on cars or blogs where people tout that they have angels watching over them and protecting them. I think to myself, that's nothing compared to having Jesus. He encamps around us. Why would we boast of angels protecting us when we have God?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy your encouraging posts, Elizabeth!

    Maranatha!

    Kattar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kattar! I hope you have a blessed Sunday and week ahead.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes you write things that speak so personally to me. I was that person up until very recently who used to say "Not yet Lord." or "I know You are coming but not too soon okay?". I said these things because as bad as this world is, I still had attachments and frankly I struggle with wondering if I am truly saved. How could I be saved if I felt this way? I now find myself praying for His return and seeking Him more. I am working on that because I was foolishly beliving that I sought Him already, but realized I didn't.

    Thank you Elizabeth, for writing this. It helps me to be on the straight and narrow :)

    God Bless,
    Marrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Marrell! Glad the Spirit is releasing attachments to all except Jesus for you :) He is wondrous to help us with all our issues.

      Delete

Post a Comment