Full of Eyes ministry update

A year ago, I'd posted for your perusal about a new ministry. Chris Powers is an animator who is committed to Jesus Christ, visual theology, and beauty. He creates wonderful animations with study guides, as well as Christ-honoring gorgeous art and doctrinally solid tracts. Chris has taken the faith-leap and he and his wife left all behind to devote themselves full-time to this ministry he named Full of Eyes. Full of Eyes is part of the verse from Ezekiel 1:18 describing the strange creatures that have wheels within wheels which were full of eyes all around.

Here is one of Chris' latest drawings, which I love.


The verse to go with the drawing is: John 3:19, "Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil"

Chris and his wife Courtney took a two-week trip to California. Here is part of his summary report about the trip.
Well, after about 14 days on the road, Courtney and I are now back in Washington Court House, Ohio. Let me take some time to fill you in on the second half of our CA trip and then share with you a bit about what I anticipate the coming weeks will hold...

California Recap
The second half of our trip to CA involved driving from San Francisco down to LA via the coast on Highway 1 (a wonderful trip filled with some of the most awe-inspiring natural beauty I've yet seen....Courtney and I really enjoyed this).

Once down south I went to The Master's College on Wednesday and Thursday evening to interact with students regarding art, culture and the gospel (and how these things manifest in my own life via FOE). However, Thursday evening was the real highlight for me. I was graciously given the chance to teach a 2 hour class on the topic of Beauty and the Cross...it was really a joy to unfold these topics with the students and then to look at how I'm trying to herald these things visually through FOE.

I heard from a number of students (and the professor who invited me) that this was a helpful and impactful time.....I know for me this class alone was worth the entire trip! Praise God for His faithfulness and mercy to fold us into His purposes in the world.
So, when all is said and done, I'm trusting that God has answered the prayer that carried this entire trip for me and Courtney, namely, that hearts would be more in love with and conformed to Christ as a result of our time in CA....
It is a very big deal to have been invited to teach a class at The Master's College. I pray Chris' work continues to grow in grace and continues to find appropriate outlets that give this Christ-honoring ministry wider exposure.

Here are links to the lessons Chris taught at TMC. They are explorations of beauty based on the theological writings of Jonathan Edwards.

The Incarnation of Beauty – Part I : The Trinitarian Roots of Beauty

The Incarnation of Beauty – Part II: Beauty is a Relational Concept

Full of Eyes on the web-

Website: http://www.fullofeyes.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fullofeyes

Twitter: @FullofEyesFilms

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/actionJones

Patreon: Support Full of Eyes

Gaius Project: Support Full of Eyes



Comments

  1. Wow. Just. Wow. God's gifts are beautiful indeed when used to magnify truth and beauty. I have long been captivated by God's live if beauty-- even the tiniest details in the instructions to the artists building the Temple. I had never even heard of an almond flower prior to reading that, yet it pleases God to require them on the golden candle stands. I just love that. He DOES love beauty. Elizabeth, thank you for alerting me to such an artist.

    :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💗💗💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment