The dreadful reality of the apostate Church

One of my most fervent prayers is that your church is not filled with comfortable unbelievers. Why? I dread this day:

Artist: Boris Sajtinac

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 

On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' " (Matthew 7:21-23)

Today is the day we should...

...draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. (Hebrews 10:22)

Here is a resource for you to test your faith and find assurance

Is It Real?11 Biblical Tests of Genuine Salvation
1 John; 1 John 5:1; John 10: 10; 1 Peter 5:10
Throughout the letter is a series of tests to determine whether you possess eternal life. If you don't pass these tests, you'll know where you stand and what you need to do. If you do, you'll have reason to enjoy your eternal salvation with great assurance.



Comments

  1. Pastor Bill Randels has written a blog that arrived in my inbox yesterday in which he urges, virtually commands, Charismatic Christians to abandon their churches because of their disastrous turns to false religion and false property. He, as you, have hit the Charismatic nail on its cracked and vunerable head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the MacArthur article. Extremely reassuring (I still struggle from time to time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 John as a test of faith has been preached by Todd Friel and sermon-jammed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdvZk5BokFE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks bloggerjim and DebbieLynne. I'm so glad your pastor has such a good handle on the situation. DebbieLynne, you're welcome. I found JMac's essay helpful too. :) Thanks Hakam Adam for the link :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment