Thinking you don't have an effect in the kingdom or for His Name? You do!

By Elizabeth Prata

I'm no Charles Spurgeon, laboring from morning till night on a million different projects that have an impact in my day and 150 years beyond.

I'm no George Muller, trusting the LORD in amazing depth to raise and care for hundreds of orphans.

I'm no John MacArthur, preaching for 50 straight years in one church, faithfully going through every book of the New Testament and seeing the Spirit take the ministry global.

I'm just an old lady in a backwater town in rural Georgia. I go to church, go to work, do my best to obey Jesus daily, confess my sins and ask His help to do better, and move on to the next day. What impact can I have for the Kingdom? I'm not looking for a huge impact or a famous impact, but something, anything for His name, in obedience to His word and gratitude for my salvation. Does what I do matter? Does it have an effect?

Why, yes, what we do in His name when put into His hands will have an impact. Maybe not immediately, but eventually the results will show.

This video is interesting in itself for the science of it, but I'm also thinking of the spiritual reality: One small word spoken in His name can have domino effect that 'turns the world upside down.' Amazing. :) Be obedient to His word today and share His truth in word or deed, in even a small way.

so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
(2 COrinthians 10:4)

Video blurb:
A domino can knock over another domino about 1.5x larger than itself. A chain of dominoes of increasing size makes a kind of mechanical chain reaction that starts with a tiny push and knocks down an impressively large domino.

Comments

  1. Thank you Elizabeth...you are correct! On the flip side as we all watch this video, think of it too as a little tiny bit of sin that grows tall and strong and it's deadly effect.

    Blatant sin and doctrinal errors likewise has a deathly effect.

    Do not allow ourselves ever to be so busy as to neglect a place of solitude and time of real prayers of our bankruptcy, and complete dependency across the board on the Lord our God. Moreover, yes prayers for our, and others physical needs,but learning to focus our prayers on those things which will prove to be of eternal value. What a critical rescue mission underway too! Watch and pray lest we fall! A strong daily time of Biblical Truth...it is NOT that we are suppose too, but rather we NEED too - we are in a war! We are setting ducks otherwise! Thanks again sister Elizabeth, I deeply am grateful for your work!

    Brother Rick Buffington
    GA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment