Just imagine if someone came up to you and said this!

By Elizabeth Prata

The Bible is clear that there is a devil, and that he was an angel who fell and now opposes God and all He stands for. The Bible isn't too frequently forthcoming on explicit information on the old snake but it does reveal some.

I keep going back to Isaiah 14:12-14,

How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
You said in your heart,
‘I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;c
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

It's utterly astounding how a cherub of the highest order (Ezekiel 28:14) could say these things even if they were in his heart. Given God's omniscience, saying those things in your heart is the same as shouting them from the mountaintop.

Just imagine if someone came up to you and said-

I will enter your home,
I will sit in your recliner,
I will eat at your table,
I will lay in your bed,
I will be master of your home and the people within it.

The crime is always more potent and punished to a higher degree considering who it is against. As my pastor teaches, if two peasants slapped each other in the face in the street, most people may say who cares, the crime might be ignored or just punished lightly. If a peasant gained entry to the throne room of the King of the land and he ran up to the King and slapped him, the peasant would be executed.

If you were offended just at the thought that someone would come to you saying he will enter and master your home, just imagine the cosmic treason of that statement when it's a creature saying it against the gloriously holy Ancient of Days!

Just imagine the restraint the LORD displays by not smiting that being immediately. Instead, He allowed Lucifer, now satan/adversary, to live. God uses Him to advance His purposes on earth and in heaven.

We should maintain a healthy and righteous hate against all that satan is, and a holy and righteous love for the Lord in His holy habitation.

Who is like the Lord our God,
    who is seated on high,
who looks far down
    on the heavens and the earth?
(Psalm 113:5-6)


Comments