A Bible Reading Plan according to the flow of revelation, and even more choices!

By Elizabeth Prata



Here’s a reading plan my friend created that follows the progression of revelation. He is a graduate of The Master's University and is currently enrolled as a graduate student at The Master's Seminary. It is a plan that follows Flow of History and Theology according to God's progressive revelation to man. He said,
Obviously it’s not perfect, but I think it’s the best way. I did move some things from when they were actually written to another place. Such as 1&2 Kings being prior to the prophets. This gives a framework for understanding the prophets. Same with Acts to the epistles.
I've known him for 8 years and he has been a teacher of Bible during that entire time in addition to now being a seminarian. He is a careful and thorough researcher and handles the Word with its due honor. He said last year that I could share it, but I wanted to go through the plan for a year first, myself. I found it 'doable' and thus sustainable. I offer this plan to you if you're interested. :)

Flow of History and Theology Bible Reading Plan


Here is another option that is new to me: The Bible Narratives Family Devotional 
"The Bible Narratives Family Devotional combines the reading plan, Religious Affections Catechism, and a weekly hymn, along with memory verse, notes on each passage, summary, and discussion questions."

And another: The John MacArthur Daily Bible. "A unique resource based on the popular MacArthur Study Bible, The MacArthur Daily Bible takes a portion of the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs for each day of the year—with background notes and explanations from John MacArthur—to help guide and inform your study of God’s Word."

Michelle Lesley has a lot more links to other plans here. I've done the Professor Grant Horner plan, which I loved, the M'Cheyne plan, and also the Keep the Feast. Michelle's list here. Here's Ligonier's List of reading plans.

Whatever you choose, stick with reading the Bible, no matter what! It is the bread of life!


Comments