Prata Potpourri: How to spot a conspiracy, top ten preaching pastors today, good cheap eats, Dr. Lori, more

By Elizabeth Prata

I absolutely love fresh cut flowers. I think they are so pretty. But they fade quickly, so usually I admire them in the grocery store aisle and leave them where they are. At Kroger they have a marked down section for cut flowers that are a bit wilted. Once in a while I see a bouquet in the sale aisle that aren't TOO far gone and I buy a bunch, like I did last Wednesday.

For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. (James 1:11a)

The dozen white roses were dewy and so lovely. Their velvet petals called out to me, the circular blooms so artful. At home I did what I could to help preserve them for a few extra days, cutting the stems so fresh water could go up the arteries, adding the packet of chemical preserver, and putting them in the fridge at night. (I do this also because Murray the cat will eat them while I sleep).

Of course, no matter what you do, flowers are delicate and they fade fast. I awaken to reset them out and around only to leave a bread trail of petals strew about that have fallen off. They are a visible reminder of the brevity of life, not just of the flower, but mine too. I can do what I can to preserve it, but in the end, there will be an end and I'll transfer to heaven.

The blooms are beautiful and add loveliness to the world, such as we do with our lives in Christ. But the fallen petals are also a reminder that we don't have all the time in the world, and to make the most of the time we have to live beautifully, gloriously, for His name. Isn't it wonderful to know we will live eternally where the grass never withers, the flowers always bloom, and the light never fades?

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. (Isaiah 40:8)

Here are a few links for you to enjoy.

There is a difference between flattery and encouragement.

Heartwarming short video. And we could all use some of that. Man Walks 20 Miles To Work Until One Day Cop Follows Him And Sees Why

Thoughtful article on Christians being wise and discerning regarding conspiracies (mentioning Plandemic specifically). Please, please take a look.

Wondering how to assess an article or news video report a to its accuracy? Here are some tips.

How to spot a conspiracy when you see one, great lessons here

'Polite Leader' does videos both on encouragement and on discernment and some other topics. He recently had fun doing a series of his opinion of the top ten living pastors/preachers today. His #5 was Justin Peters, who is also one of my favorites. His #1? John MacArthur. Tune in to see why these two men made the top 5, and who his other 8 faves are. It's fun and interesting. He does good research.

The Simply Put podcast is a short podcast about long theological words. Putting these words into layman's terms in 5 minutes or less, I find it helpful. I'm committed to our generation retaining and using these important theological words properly and not substituting shorter or watered down words. Check them out!

Need some tips for good, cheap eats? Or a few quick breakfast tips? Here ya go.

I also enjoy the cooking and recipe ideas at Kapp's Kitchen.

Kathryn at Do It On A Dime can't be beat for cleaning, organizing, and frugal ideas. Check out her Youtube Channel, too. She is also a Christian.

I enjoy Dr. Lori Verderame's antiques assessments. She is extremely knowledgeable (she would be the first to tell you that, and often does). A bit abrasive ... but her knowledge can't be beat. I like these clips to learn about vintage and antiques. I love vintage and antiques!

Have a wonderful week ahead. I hope where you are the lockdown requirements have loosened, and you're able to work and to get out. If you're locked in, as I am until Thursday, I pray you are cheerful, laboring for your boss and for the Lord. Have a great week!



Comments